WELCOME !

This blog is a virtual portfolio of a first year student of the School of Housing, Building & Planning, USM under the course RUS104 Integrated Studio as a medium of visual communication in sharing her studioworks with people at large.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

PROJECT 8: PERFORMANCE (RUS104 PERFORMANCE & AWARDS NIGHT)

The final studio project, Project 8 is the Performance & Awards Night. All course groups need to make a performance on the night based on a few requirements. One of it is based on our specific kingdom. QS group represented Majapahit. The theme for the night is The Lost Kingdoms. The other kingdoms to name out are Srivijaya, Langkasuka, Pagar Ruyung and others.

Through my experience while carrying out the 8th project with my group mates, I had learnt a few things. The very first value is about team; teamwork, team building, togetherness, cooperation among members, help and support each other, sharing different ideas and point of views and a lot more.

On the early phase, it was not an easy task to gather everyone to practice the  dance using Asmaradana song. The dance movements are not ordinary and easy moreover most of us have no dancing background. It was also quite hard for me to remember the steps as I have not been in dancing performance for about seven years. It was very thankful that we have someone (a friend of few of us whom is not studying in School of HBP) whom had helped us a lot in the dancing performance. For me, throughout the preparations, we had grew up together as a team.

At the end of the project (at the end of the event), we had succeed to make us happy and proud of ourselves because all of us had took part and work together for the night.

This is the best project for this semester. Not only for myself, I also could see my other course mates, most of us started to really get to know and be friend with each other. At the same time, by knowing each other we manage to help, work and give support as a team. I hope that this friendship will last forever. We love our performance and the night and I am very happy and proud to be a part of my QS family.

The marching in picture.
Photo with the honourable dean at the end of the event.
My beautiful girl friends. And we had won the Best Costume Award!
All QS members during final preparation for the event.

[No video of performance, sorry..]

No comments:

Post a Comment